LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Mrs. Jamie Garmon from BAKER ELEMENTARY is a finalist in the Bessie B. Moore Awards Program with Economics Arkansas. She won a check for $1,000! Congratulations Mrs. Garmon!
Economics Arkansas launched the Bessie B. Moore Award program in 1995 to honor exemplary teachers for successfully developing outstanding economic and personal finance classroom projects. The competition is open to educations PreK - 12 from public and independent schools in Arkansas. To enter, teachers submit written descriptions of their creative projects, which are reviewed and judged by an independent panel of economic education specialists. The winners receive $1,000 cash award, statewide recognition and "The Bessie."
2020 Winners include:
- Jessica Culver - Ozark High School (Ozark School District)
- Jason Finney - Forest Park Elementary (Little Rock School District)
- Jamie Garmon - Baker Elementary (PCSSD)
- Jennifer Malugen - Monitor Elementary (Springdale School District)
- Jennifer Taunton - Linda Childers Knapp Elementary (Springdale School District)